Thursday, September 30, 2010

ArtPrize

There is something really special happening in West Michigan (Grand Rapids to be specific). It is the 2nd annual ArtPrize and it celebrates the arts all around Grand Rapids. It is amazing to see so many people out during the week in downtown Grand Rapids. There are 1700 pieces of art throughout the city and 1 week from now the winner will be announced. Once a person registers, they can vote for their favorite artist. As of today, the list is narrowed to 10 pieces. For the next several days I am going to post some of the art work that is in GR. If you live close enough I would recommend visiting - ArtPrize goes until October 10. Hope you enjoy the small sampling I'm going to post about.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. I'll look forward to seeing more of the event. I almost didn't recognize GR with so many people on the street. I bought my first house in GR near John Ball Park Zoo.

    ReplyDelete